Saturday, March 26, 2011

Me no like it

I'm starting to get tired of Thailand... This is for some reason due to the always changing of location and I will sort that out today as I'm on the ferry to Phi phi island and I'm thinking in staying there for at least a couple o days. The other things that put me off here is the smell, dirt of the streets and the luck of politeness of the people. If I learnt something is that they won't steal your possessions but they will try to trick u till the end. I'm getting really tired o having to deal with tricks, like asking the receptionist to the hotel for a taxi to get to the ferry and she asked 900B straight away: she said: "taxi and ticket together! Ok! Ok! Good price!" and then she drop it to 800B seeing my face of incredulity. She left it to 100B just for the taxi when I try to explain her I knew all together was around 400B. The same happens when you ask for the "meter" in a taxi, they suddenly don't understand you and start driving, but when they heard: "if you want me to pay you I need to see the meter..." as magi they suddenly understand what you are saying. Still, I've got to a point where I just don't argue anymore and I pay them whatever they want as I need to arrive to the places. I thought Spain has a low level of English, but compared with Thailand at least in the touristic areas Spaniards can understand you. Here I spent most of the times speaking the sign language to receptionists.

As for what I'm writing you can imagine today is not one of the greatest days, I woke up and packed once again the suitcase. I've been walking around Phuket town and there is nothing to do there besides visiting some shopping centers. I bought myself a helmet (thinking about buying a scooter after the other day reunion with my motorbike soul)
I also found something that looked like a temple, a Chinese one, and I got in to find some strange people, a big man topless that looked like the "manager" of the place and a woman without legs in a wheelchair where the ones pointed out among the few people there. I took a couple of pictures and I wasn't quick enough getting out of there as the woman on the wheelchair came to me and touch my arm a couple of times saying something... I hope she was blessing me or saying something about my tomato look skin, in any case.... I wanted to chop my arm off after that...
After that I found a mosque and it looked like they didn't want to let me in if I wasn't going to pray so when they asked me if I were Muslim I said yes (I hope I won't burn in hell for that... And have a Muslim curst on me...)
After I had the brilliant idea of asking a man for directions, and he took the map I was holding, just to leave it for a few seconds as to scratch his foot with some finger amputations and inflammations that I didn't see before or I would have never approached... After the explanations on the directions that I did not listen as I was too busy on my mind trying to remember the bit of paper untouched, I left the place holding the map with to fingers and dropping it in the first bin. As it is also raining, I went back to the hotel and sat in the reception uploading pictures on facebook and scratching mosquito bites till the taxi came and drop me where the ferry is, that is where I am now, waiting for it to start the engine and arrive to Phi Phi island where I hope to have the expected holidays I dreamed of. I will write later on once I've arrived to the island.

2 comments:

  1. This is going to sound terrible but your post made me laugh out loud! Wait till you think back on how funny this experience actually was. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is what I'm trying to think, "the messiest trip of my life" to explain to future generations and in some cocktail parties. I am completely sure I will laugh about it more in the future, right now I'm just a bit upset but still managed to laugh! Right now I'm in India and I just wish for this trip to finish in 12hrs!

    ReplyDelete