Monday, March 21, 2011

First day on a plane....

(I wrote this during the last hour of my 15hrs flight) On the plane from London to Mumbai I was thinking to write that flying with Air India is actually great, good customer service and commodities on board with extra space leg seatings. Besides an old woman asking me to go to the toilet (I think she had in mind me literaly taking her on the toilet vowl that I completely ignored pointing her to the cabin crew and the toilet door) I met a nice english girl that has amenized the journey. We had fun and stated that flying with Air India wasn't as bad as we expected it to be.

That was of course before arriving to Mumbai and boarding on the next flight in which the transit has involved lots of indus shouting directions, an asfixiating weather sorted by a single fan in a huge airport, 2 buses full of sweaty men and a process in which they register your possessions while holding a gun and making u really nervous saying your flight is all boarded and about to leave but hey! They will make you wait longer to search you again!
I have to admit it wasn't the airplane's line the one responsible for that; it is responsible for having to stop in India, place that I would not like to be again (till next week...) now I do realize when the capitain said on the tanoy: "we'll be landing in 45min in Mumbai and on the meanwhile there is nothing you can do about it so please relax" he wasn't joking....

After almost 20hrs since I left home in England I am grumpy I have to admit, but the situation is not helping: the nice extra room leg has desapeared, I have been as a sardine for 5 hours between people barping like there is not tomorrow and looking how some cockroaches are passing by... After 14hrs fly I just want to be in Bangkok, have a shower untiil I can feel clean again and lie down in bed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment