Wednesday, March 30, 2011

24 hours

8.00am - 24hrs before flying from Bangkok to London (via Delhi) I woke up and packed the suitcase, I will check if my boat excursion goes today as yesterday was cancelled but for the rain outside I would say no already.
9.00am - 23hrs to my flight. After breakfast I went to ask if the excursion to monkey island and Maya bay were still on; they weren't so I also asked about my ferry to Krabi. They ensure me the ferry it goes at 2pm.

11am -21hrs before flying. I asked to almost everyone if they are sure the ferry to Krabi will navigate as the weather is awful. They still tell me it will but they don't sound that convinced now. I've done the check out and left my suitcase at reception.
12pm - 20hrs to go... Still by the reception reading a book with a cat on my lap.
1pm - 19hrs to go... Where is my suitcase? There is no receptionists and any suitcase left. A man that works at the cafe says they took it to the pier so I'm on my way under the rain to first find my suitcase, secondly don't drown with this diluvial flow and thirdly taking the ferry to Krabi.

2pm - 18hrs to go... I found my suitcase and the guy told me the ferry to Krabi will leave at 2pm. I'm completely soaked an cold. At o'clock they sent the passengers out from the ferry saying that for today there won't be ferries going to Krabi because of the weather. Under the rain I'm going with the suitcase like a headless chicken asking people the way to go to Krabi (I need to go there to take a plain to go to Bangkok) they answer is: there is no way to go to Krabi!!!

I try not to panic and goto the ferry to Phuket to ask if I can use the ticket that I already bought for Krabi (I also have the mini van paid) they answer yes and most other people follow the same steps.

3pm - 17hrs to go... I'm in the lower level of the ferry goin to Phuket... I ask if I can take a mini van to go from Phuket to Krabi to take my flight. They answer me I can but as my flight is at 7pm and we arrive to Phuket harbor at 4.30pm I would never make it on time as it takes around 4hrs that driving journey.

4pm - 16hrs to go... I have already come to terms that I will loose my flight from Krabi to Bangkok and I have decided the best thing to do now is to go to Phuket airport and try to find a flight to Bangkok. I'm seating with a couple from Bilbao and they are pretty nice; he gave me a dizziness pill to cope with the unreliable waves that are splashing on our boat and is making us go from side to side. I fall sleep as I'm feeling drowsy (but at least I don't puke...)

5pm - 15hrs to go... We arrived to Phuket Harbor and we are so many people that is madness. Still is raining and we are completely wet so we are shaking and the air conditioned from the boat hasn't help to keep us worm in this wetness. I have the ticket to go to Krabi airport and I trade it for a ticket to go to Phuket airport; they asked me for more money an right now I would give a kidney to get out of here but they don't know and accept to take me to Phuket airport with the ticket for Krabi airport.

6pm - 14hrs to go... This journey with the mini van is taking ages as we are going from one side o Phuket to the other. I wan to get asap to the airport as I need to know if I can catch a flight for today.

7pm - 13hrs to go... We arrived at the airport and after crossing the security point I went straight to Air Asia counter to see if I could get a ticket for tonight as otherwise I won't be on time in Bangkok to board on my journey back to England. Under any circumstances I want to miss that flight as I don't wanna get stacked in Thailand, if necessary I will rent a car and drive off (mental note: remember to take a GPS if that is the case)
There is a long queue and we all want flights to Bamgkok tonight. They are complaining that is very expensive as there are few seats left! Right now I would give all my cards to the lady to get a flight. If I can get into one I would need to tell Ari about me arriving later than 9pm as she is supposed to be at the airport to give me my little suitcase back. Fingers crossed!!

8pm - 12hrs to go... I did get a seat on the 9pm flight!!! Thanks to a mistake when I bought the ticket: I purchased the insurance even though I already have insurance for traveling around the world yearly; thanks to that "mistake" the airline had to change my seat on the flight that I want and also seating in the second row which is a reserved area without having to sold any part of my body!!! Yeah!!! I'm so happy that I don't even feel cold or wet anymore but it will be a good idea to go to the toilets and take off those wet clothes that have been sticked to my body for the past 8 hours and that with the air cond I am already sneezing like crazy. 
9pm - 11hrs to go... Very happy to be on the plane to Bangkok, it looks like finally I won't need to get stacked in Thailand!
11pm - 9hrs to go... Ari is waiting for me by the arrivals, she is got my small suitcase!! The day started pretty bad but things are rolling like stones. One at a time though!

1am - 7hrs to go... Ari is staying the night with me the airport; very sweet of her although I would have preferred to be with her during the trip not at the end. We've eaten something in a Japanese place and gone thousand times to the toilet.

6am - 2hrs to go... The check in opened and now I'm more relaxed about the fact that I'm coming back to Europe. I was about to say that "I'm not a celebrity but get me out of here!" I say goodbye to Ari, she must be exhausted (I am at least!!) she gave me a book to read on the plane, I bought some others, we've drunk coffee to keep us awake and we've been 2thousand times more to the toilet; after the check in she is going back home with the tube.
8am - the H hour!!! We are boarding the plane to Delhi!! (from there I'll have to check in again and then back to London in 12hrs!)

No comments:

Post a Comment