Saturday, March 26, 2011

Marihuana?!?!?

Yesterday I didn't finish writing the blog after I arrived to Phi phi and that is for two main reasons:
The first is that I didn't have time or willing for writing.
The second is that yesterday's entry in the blog was negative and I thought that after getting to the island I would have feel much better and positive so I could write something good and nice... I was wrong...

As we approached the island there were waterfalls from the sky, it wasn't rain, it was something I have never seen before! As soon as we stepped on the pier we were asked for money just to get into the island; they so call it "money to keep Phi phi clean" coming from people that has the worst pollution I have ever seen and from the uncountless motorboats by the shore that was a bit to ironic. Leaving that on a side, at the pier the guy from the "sandview resort" from where I booked and paid two days of bungalow wasn't there to help me out with the suitcase as guys from other hotels were. I kept walking under the incredible rain reading post to see if the name of my resort was written there but nothing and I didn't know where to find it. I asked a couple of guys but they were just interested in renting me a room not in giving me directions. One just pointed the path that I had to follow and told me: 10 minuts!
I saw myself carrying my suitcase under the rain stepping on wet beach sand... Luckily for me a guy from another hotel saw the miserable situation I was in and took my suitcase, gave me his umbrella and told me he would help me until his hotel (he after helped me till my resort and for that I was so thankful that I gave him quite a lot of money, at least for him. When We arrived to my so called "resort" I only had one thing in mind: get out of here!
The reception to call that under a name... Was a 3 wall hut on the sand, no one was there... After a few minutes a girl appeared giving me a key and a guy smoking a cigarette took my suitcase to the "bungalow". To get there you had to go through other bungalows and through piles of rubbish laying on the floor. When we arrived someone was inside, smoking a cigarette while lying on bed and watching tv... We went in and the two guys said something to each other and didn't leave but stayed there watching me (I didn't want to say anything not to make them angry whatsoever.  When they left I checked the room... Called bungalow... I did not only feel unsecured but it was also dirty and wet sheets, the bed was a built in bed, made with cement. The walls were dirty and I dear to check the toilet... That hadn't been cleaned for years!! I had to leave but where??!?!?

I left my suitcase there and I went to the nearest hotel that seemed nice to check for the cost of a room. Meanwhile I paid money to get access to Internet and check the website to see if there is something I could do, I found the number of hotels.com, I called from my English mobile and didn't work, I called from the Thai mobile and the same... There wasn't any other number in the whole website to call so I sent them an email to let them know the situation and cancel the payment that the same day was leaving my account. I asked the rates of the rooms and where astronomic in the hotel I checked so I asked to see the rooms first. When I was upstairs seeing the not very amazing for the price room the guy that worked for the hotel told me he could get me a room better for a cheaper price in another hotel but that was a secret so better not to say anything to the reception (obviously!!)
I talked to his friend over the phone and told me I would meet him outside as "it was a secret"; I checked my email to see if hotels.com had answered and they didn't so I tried my luck with this guy. He had a post in the main street and showed me photos of possible hotels in a folder. The price was better than the last one but still very expensive. At that point I was completely exhausted from everything, I was soaked by the rain, it was getting dark and I just wanted to sleep in a clean and safe place so I said yes, I paid a kidney in money and I told him I needed to go back to my bungalow to get my suitcase and give the keys to tell them I wasn't staying even though I had already paid.
I found an old man that did speak few English and told him I wasn't staying and the reason why. He kept repeating: "one night! One night!" while giving me the keys again. I tried to explain the situation again and his answer was shouting: "do u smoke marihuana?" what?!?!? I couldn't believe my ears! I said that I don't even smoke anymore cigarettes (and also it makes me vomit) but that wasn't the matter in any case! He went very ungry and throw a plastic chair back, moment that I left the keys on the table and walked away. I just wanted to give the keys back and give the reason about my leaving, nothing else as I had already pay for the two nights to hotels.com.

So... There u had me following under the end of the world rain a man with my suitcase in a carrier. The poor man that saw my face and what happened, wanted to give me his raincoat and later on his hat to cover me from the rain, which I really appreciated but I was so fed up and soaked that didn't bother me anymore walk under the thunderstorm uncovered and with water up to my knees.

After 20 min of walking and stopping to breath we arrived at the new hotel and after checking in I gave the man a deserved money for walking with me under the rain.

After this I had went straight to the swimming pool before it closed, had a shower and went to eat to the restaurant. From there I don't want anything to bother me anymore and I decided to have an amazing time. I will stay in this hotel 3 nights, which is the rest of the time I have left before going back. I went to sleep after watching the movie "the happiness trip" or something like that in which Will Smith is the main character.

Now.... Today!! I woke up still a bit unsettle for the incidents but decided to have a good time, also, today Ari is supposed to come... False! She sent me a text at 6am saying she is not coming because of a paper she has to sign on Monday. To be honest I expected that as before coming to Thailand she told me she would have all week off, when I had the ticket she gave me her work schedule in which she had to work but we could have managed and from that she has come up saying she has to work even on the weekend. To be honest if I knew that before I would have taken my time to come to Thailand and plan things better as I came now because she told me she'd be with me all the time.

Anyway, changing subject, as I was expecting already that from her I didn't let it bother me much and I took energy with the breakfast and lie down on the beach and the swimming pool all day, just what I needed!! I'm a bit tan now as I'm on 50spf protection but as usual there are some parts like the back where I cannot reach and I'm too shy to ask anyone and I'm like a pig (all read)
I am following the advise of my friends Meredith and Miriam and I book a ticket to monkey beach and Maya bay where the movie (not sure if "the beach" or "007") was filmed. I bought 50min of Internet to buy my plane ticket from Krabi to Bangkok and also sorted out the taxi boat to go to Krabi and the mini van is arranged to take me to the airport. I also had time to talk to Miriam on facebook and talking to her helps me a lot usually, but now even more! She is right, if I was not alone yesterday's situation and most of them would have been even funny, but being alone it makes you take bad things in a less manageable way; I expected to be with Ari and for what I explained before there was nothing I could do about not being alone.

During the afternoon it started raining like crazy and after taking some silly pics in the room I went to "carpe Diem" (never better said in this moment). It is a beach bar and there I had a drink and talked to some American girls I met by the swimming pool earlier. There were also some american guys around but as usual behabing bad so I tried to stay away. Some Thai guys came to talk to me and I told them I have a boyfriend so they can stop trying anything. However, one of them that actually does a fire show on the beach told me: "where is boyfriend now? Spain, no? This is Thailand and u forget boyfriend! He no here... Here is me..." hahaha! He is actually funny and he asked me not to walk alone, to walk with him. He only left me to go to do the fire show, moment in which some other guys from the show came to talk to me and I left before the show finished so I could go to my room without no one by my side.

2 comments:

  1. Uau! Anna, ets tota una indiANA Jones, sola per Thailandia!

    Que guai, m'he llegit aqui la teva historieta. Feia molt que no llegia en anglès i m'ha molat.

    Vaya tela amb els hotels, segur que la foto que debies veure estava tot ben net i polit.


    Doncs desitjo que t'ho passis molt bé en aquesta aventura, que vagi molt bé Anna, i ves escrivint coses que ho aniré llegint!^^

    Auna abraçada ben forta!

    M.J.R ^^ (espero que sàpiguis qui sóc...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doncs la veritat que m'ho ficas dificil! Al principi he pensat que eres una Maria, o Marta... Però amb aquestes inicials només pot ser el meu cosí petit!! Marquitus!! Estic ara a la Índia, esperant a embarcar a l'avio i tornar a London!! Si llegeixes els meus blocs et pixaras de riure amb tot el que em passa! Un petonet!!

    ReplyDelete